Logo

Old-style Chokes

JJDebeers

Regular Contributor
Hey everyone,

Last summer I installed Edelbrock electric choke kits on my freshly rebuilt Carter AFBs. The choke linkages don't match up correctly so I've decided to go with a standard manifold-style choke assembly: the type with the coil that sits inside of the intake manifold.

Does anyone have the old-style chokes laying around? If so, are you willing to trade for the Edelbrock electric chokes? I purchased the electric chokes from Summit Racing for $60 a piece. They're in brand new condition.

Thanks,
JJ

P.S. I'm not looking for input about Edelbrock vs. Carter so please save it. I know what I have and I'm good with it.

Man are YOU in luck ! - I was looking at my spare 1 yesterday & I know EXACTLY the linkage/s & problem & set-up you are wanting to achieve... The Freshly Built with Who's who of Speedparts (internally) 4bbl 327ci Export Superbee 318 , that got stolen,didn't give time to fit this (basically) heat stove back...
If site rules allow (since they deleted classifieds ..& I loved seeing peoples wheres & possible contacts , as an aside I think this was retrograde step,unless it was eating into possible vested-interest entities profit margins & sales)
So If you can PM me OR leave a message nameing your price offer...I can get it to you at a very affordable Intl post cost.
Confirming it is Ex A M318 type eng - with the Early Single-plane early 273ci 225hp '68 Barracuda car type 4bbl IRON intake Manifold(Now V Rare) & choke actuating lever to cab that sits in the little well, of the 4bbl inlet manifold ('68-72 318 Marine eng)

I'm in New Zealand (by Australia,but NOT Aust)
Cheers , Tara 2

PS I Can Even Take a PIC of The 4bbl AFB Carb & Choke motor linked & dummied-up together if needs-be (they cost a fortune if you can find a NOS one & I was sitting on mine hoping engine was recovered) & on fixed reduced income,but no opportunist - just glad help out.

Last edited:
Tell me about it.

I know that Greasemonkey had a few of these laying around months ago. I can't get a hold of him through PM. If anyone knows him personally, please let him know I'm trying to contact him.

Thanks,
JJ

Back