Logo

old motor

flat bottom boy

Hi,Im 58 and have rebuilt many carbs in my life but theres something that i cant figure out and maybe you can help.I have a 1960s model eska 7.5 hp motor and it leaks gas from a port on the side of the carburator.I replaced the needle,seat,float and gaskets but when i turn the gas on it still leaks.When i take it off and gently hold the float up it seals great(i cant blow through it).This motor has an on-board tank and i found a crack in the primer bulb,would the lack of pressure in it tank cause the needle not to seal.If any of you have ideals let me know.Flat bottm boy

Thanks but ive tried lot of positions and it still leaks on the motor but not in my hand,ive even had the machanics at the boat place look at it,maybe i should try a new float.If you thinh of any thing else let me know

To all,On this carburetor there is a tiny vent hole in the top on the inlet side.it allows the bowl to fill fast and the needle will seat.mine was plugged but looked normal,after i found it and cleaned it it worked great.

Back