Logo

Old Evinrude need info

bill

" I picked up a old Evinrude a

" I picked up a old Evinrude and need some information for it.It looks to be a 3Hp or 2HP.The serial # is 3022-09735. Can anyone tell me the year,HP,and what spark plugs to use? IT is a two cyl.model.Also I see it takes 8oz. of oil per gal. of gas (sae 30 )I had a '62 3HP that was 50/1 mix ,can I mix this one 50/1 with a good TC3 oil. "

"Bill.... That engine is a 195

"Bill.... That engine is a 1957 3hp Evinrude. Use Champion J6C s/plugs with the gap set at .030.

When I started out in this business back around 1961, the oil/fuel mixture had changed to 24/1 which was 1 quart of oil to 6 gallons of gas. All of the OMC outboards, including that 3hp used that mixture. Later on in years, when OMC introduced the 50/1 mixture (1 pint 50/1 oil to 6 gallons gas), they came out with a bulletin which stated that all of their engines could use this 50/1 mixture excepting the older 7-1/2hp models. You'll hear pros and cons about your engine using this mixture (50/1) due to the fact that the crankshaft, rods, wrist pins do no have needle bearings. I've seen many of these engines run on the 50/1 mixture for years without encountering lubrication problems..... but you will have to make that judgement call for yourself. If I ever come across that old bulletin, I'll post it for all to see.

Bottom line: 1 Qt oil to 6 gallons gas is a known safe mixture. 1 pint (50/1) oil to 6 gallons gas, although probably okay, is questionable until I come across that bulletin.

Joe
"

" Whatever you do, don't m

" Whatever you do, don't mix SAE 10W-30 oil in there. Use a TCW-3 oil, preferably OMC/Bombardier, Mercury or Yamalube. "

I HAVE AN EVINRUDE 20HP I DON

I HAVE AN EVINRUDE 20HP I DONT KNOW WHAT YEAR IT IS THE MODEL NO IS E20CRE5B THE SERIAL NO IS RO8613935 CAN ANYONE HELP

"Tom,

That is a 20HP, 15&#3

"Tom,

That is a 20HP, 15" Shaft Length, Canadian Rope Start motor. I would guess that the model number is actually:
E20CRESB instead of E20CRE5B... if that is so than it was made in 1990.

We offer some aftermarket shop manuals for the later Evinrudes here.

Regards,
Andrew Menkart
MarineEngine.com"

ANDREW THANKS A LOT IT IS A S

ANDREW THANKS A LOT IT IS A SHORT SHAFT AND I DO NEED A MANUAL THANKS AGAIN TOM

"Tom,

You can order the man

"Tom,

You can order the manual yourself from our Evinrude page... just click on the underlined link that follows: click here.

Please verify your model number as I mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks.
Regards,
Andrew"

Back