Logo

Oil won't go to cylinder.

welder18

Hi everyone, i recently purchase a 2002 yamaha 30mlha 2 stroke engine. Compress at 125 on the 3 cylinder

Last time i used it he works perfectly but suddenly slow down until it shut off and won't start again.

I have fuel splash when i remove the last fuel hose before the carburetor and oil in the thank.

The spark is good but seems to have no fuel goes in cylinder. When i introduce a mix in the cylinder it starts well but shut off.

Whats the next step??

Thank you

What are you stating here?

If you're not familiar with names of specific parts, follow this link to your engine schematic: http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2002/30MSHA/parts.html

Sorry no i'm not familiar with the parts name and not speaking in english but i try!

I remove the hose between the fuel pump and carburetor and fuel plash from it when i pump the primer.

So the fuel go to the carburetor but not in the cylinder.

When i shoot the gas directly in cylinder or intake it starts great but shut off fast.

Spark plug + fire = Great

Oil level = full

Sorry no i'm not familiar with the parts name and not speaking in english but i try!

I remove the hose between the fuel pump and carburetor and fuel plash from it when i pump the primer.

So the fuel go to the carburetor but not in the cylinder.

When i shoot the gas directly in cylinder or intake it starts great but shut off fast.

Spark plug + fire = Great

Oil level = full

Ok, now I understand. Sounds like fuel is not getting to carbs while engine is running. Follow these steps:

* Reconnect fuel pump hose to carbs. Dismount fuel pump. Have a friend prime the bulb as you look for a fuel leak behind the fuel pump. If it leaks, replace. If not, see below.
* Mount fuel pump. Start engine. Keep your hand around primer bulb, but do not squeeze. Take notice of the bulb and if it remains partially full or if it collapses. If it collapses, cut engine off. Re-prime bulb and start engine. This time, keep the primer bulb from collapsing by gently squeezing bulb. Don't let it collapse. Does engine continue to run? If so, replace fuel pump cause it's dead.

Ok, now I understand. Sounds like fuel is not getting to carbs while engine is running. Follow these steps:

* Reconnect fuel pump hose to carbs. Dismount fuel pump. Have a friend prime the bulb as you look for a fuel leak behind the fuel pump. If it leaks, replace. If not, see below.
* Mount fuel pump. Start engine. Keep your hand around primer bulb, but do not squeeze. Take notice of the bulb and if it remains partially full or if it collapses. If it collapses, cut engine off. Re-prime bulb and start engine. This time, keep the primer bulb from collapsing by gently squeezing bulb. Don't let it collapse. Does engine continue to run? If so, replace fuel pump cause it's dead.

You are probably all right. Today i have dismount the fuel pump and the diaphragm is broken. I placed an order for the replacements parts and see this weekend if it works! Pretty sure it was an resolved case!

Thank you

Back