Logo

Oil warning alarm150 EFI

fozzynz

"My oil alarm was beeping madl

"My oil alarm was beeping madly recently, the main tank was full, so I removed the cowling and topped up reservoir in motor, have had another trip out, with no sign of problem.Any one had any similar experience, ie, is this an air lock or a dirt in line scenario, or signs of something more sinister going on??"

the small tank on the motor do

the small tank on the motor doesn't have any way to bleed air. if you get any air in the oil line you have to purge the small tank on the motor. keep the large tank full and fill the tank from the cap that doesn't have the pickup that way the pickup is always submerged. i also mount the large tank with the pickup aft so it doesn't catch air while planing

"I have a 1986 200 black max t

"I have a 1986 200 black max that had a new power head 5 years ago. Only 40 hours on new head. I don't use it much. Oil alarm just started beeping . I noticed the main tank was very low. Also the reserve oil tank cap was cracked, so I replaced it. Alarm will not stop beeping. I have some blue smoke coming out the exhaust. How do I purge this system/ Thanks"

Keep it running with that rese

Keep it running with that reserve cap cracked it will fill. If it does not than there is an air leak or the pickup is clogged.

Back