Logo

Oil Pump Checking?1985 dt 55 hp

Tokolosh

Hello All.
Very very new to the forum so if I make a blunder please excuse me.
I have a Suzuki DT55 around 1985 model which due to us moving states has not been run for about a year. Put it on the water a few weekends ago and although started well I got the splutter splutter when trying to throttle off. Spent the last couple of weekends replacing fuel hose and cleaned the fuel tanks and clean the jets on the 3 Carbs. Put it all back again after also cleaning the 2 stroke tank and thought before starting it up I would see if oil is comming through from the oil pump. Not ever done this before so very blind to what I should be looking for. I had the spark plugs out and used the starter motor to spin the motor. Thinking there should be a tiny bit of oil comming through the pipes from the pump to the manifold area. Couldnt detect any flow at all. Checked the Oil Hose Check Valve by trying to blow through it. Cant for the life of me blow through it but can suck through and can feel the non return part of it working.
Am I doing all the wrong things checking this and if so how do I check the 2 stroke injection side of it?:confused:

Re: Oil Pump Checking?

:eek:
Please guys??
There must be someone out there whose had to check if the 2 stroke is injecting properly.

Back