Logo

oil out of the dipstick?

reallyd87

Marine counter rotation 318 blowing oil out of the dipstick!? I only have 90-100 lbs of compression all the way around. Why is the oil blowing out the dipstick and is it worth repairing?

I turned the motor over a ton with no spark trying to get the firing order and timing right. I think the oil may be contaminated with fuel. Gonna change the oil once or twice and run it some.Wish me luck.

Pumped over 4 Gallons of oil/gas out out of the oil pan just pumping from the dipstick tube! Not good, haha. Changed the oil filter and filled with fresh oil. Ran it a bit and seems to be running pretty strong, maybe just needs the carb tuned, Carter AFB 4966s. Gonna keep an eye on the oil level, run it just enough to warm it up and change the oil again.

Your fuel pump is leaking fuel into the crank case. You could not crank your engine enough to pass that much fuel through the carb and into the oil. Replace the mechanical pump. It is bad.

Stick with the mechanical pump. Cheaper and easier to install. To switch to electric you will need to intal an oil pressure switch and do some wiring along with plumbing the new pump.

The new mechanical pump will last for years.

Does the old fuel pump have a clear return line to the carb? If so it is a marine pump, if not, it is automotive....shame on the hack that did that....

Please update us!!!

Back