Logo

Oil or over temp prob on 89 DT 75

I have an 89 DT 75 Suzuki moto

I have an 89 DT 75 Suzuki motor. The prob. is that when I get on plane I get a intermittent warning beep which is either low oil or over temp. It idles fine and runs good at low speeds. If I back it off a little it stops. The oil indicator begins to go down even though the tank is full.The water pump is working fine. Please help if you can. Thanks Harold

Should the sensors be open or

Should the sensors be open or closed? I checked the oil sensor it goes in the top of the oil tank and is easy to replace. Im not sure of what im looking for. One thing I will add is the alarm is intermintent and the oil indicater lights go down to just one light even though the oil tank is full when the alarm goes off.

One other thing I should add t

One other thing I should add this only happens when the boat is on plane.If I get up on plane and then back the throtle down a little it is fine.
Thanks Harold

u also have a water pressure a

u also have a water pressure alarm
go to brownspoint.com and ask them about a manual

I am ordering aq manual this w

I am ordering aq manual this week end. My son took the boat out this week end and when the alarm went off he disconnected the Oil sensor in the oil tank. The alarm stil went off so I think I can aliminate that. How do I find the year of the motor? Does any one have any Ideas what to check next.Could air in the oil line cause this problem

Back