Logo

Oil injection removal

If your talking about shaft that drives oil pump...remove it
I disabled the oil pump on my 90 and 115 outboards and the only thing I did was what Faztbullet said.....I pulled out the shaft that contained the drive gear. Never looked back. On why did I disable them, had I used the boats frequently I wouldn't have done it as yes I worried about it but history records that is a seldom failing item. But, with my seldom usage, I just do better when its time for the first start of the day.

Isn't there some block off plate or something you should install to keep a bushing or o-ring from dislodging. I don't really know what I'm talking about, I'm just regurgitating from other threads. I'm interested in doing this on my 1988 Merc Searay 100hp that I just got. It doesn't smoke at all in my driveway. LOL

Use a tee in the oil feed for the pump.----Run the pump discharge from the pump to it.----Recirculates the oil.----Easy to convert back when it is time to sell the motor.

Use a tee in the oil feed for the pump.----Run the pump discharge from the pump to it.----Recirculates the oil.----Easy to convert back when it is time to sell the motor.
Well, remove the oil pump from its mounting, stick the shaft gear back in, reattach the pump and have your oil injection starting with the oil that remained in your tank when you initially pulled the shaft/gear. Pretty simple, reliable method to achieve the desired goal!

Back