Logo

Oil injection plumbing - 90hp Mariner 3 cyl

FiveStar

Contributing Member
Hi guys,

Thanks for the help with motor so far. I'm trying to piece my machine back together and am wondering about the hoses coming off the reservoir. One hose is just hanging form the nipple on the top of the resevior and has been plugged at its end with a screw. Where should this be going?
The other runs from the bottom of the tank to the oiler but is not connected currently and has been plugged. I know what this one is as it's the main oil feeder hose to the pump.
Then there looks like a T fitting in this schematic below with a hose running aft. Mine doesn't has this T and aft running hose, where does it go and what does it do? The previous owner must have removed those bits.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/sn/0B240451/1090412BD/365_220

yes thanks, that helped. I've figured it out it think. The T is for the site glass. Hose goes from bottom of tank to T where it connected to slight glass then hose connect on other side of T and continues on to the oiler.

PS how does the resevior tank vent? I don't see a dedicated vent, is it built into the cap assembly?

What year is your motor (or post the serial).

There was a couple different tanks over the years. One had a dedicated vent at the rear (top) of the tank - opposite end of the fill cap. Others had a small vent in the cap itself (kinda like what you get on lawnmower gas covers where they let air in but not out).

Back