Logo

Oil fuel ratio

mr_george25

i need the ratio for a 1960 jo

i need the ratio for a 1960 johnson 35 super sea hoarse i think i mix to much oil motor runs and dis in 10 seconds could to much oil be why.

"24:1

Engines can usually h

"24:1

Engines can usually handle a large overdose of oil. Check the plugs -- if they are all fouled up, then the oil could be doing it. Otherwise look for fuel starvation -- clogged filter, bad fuel pump, junk in carb, clogged fuel vent cap, pinched, leaky or plugged fuel line."

I need a ratio for a 1976 John

I need a ratio for a 1976 Johnson 9.9 sea hoarse have no manual I inherited it.

"I have a 4hp johnson, some sa

"I have a 4hp johnson, some say to give 1:50 and some say 1:100, i don't know ho is correct, but this motor is not running good with a 1:100 mixture. It runs for couple of minutes and than it stops, with 1:50 the carb is always clogged.also with 1:100 most of the times the problem is of durt in the carb. How can i aliminate this problem? the fuel tank is fitted with it's self. Or pls tell witch is the correct mixture"

"i dont belive they made a 35h

"i dont belive they made a 35hp in 1060 are you sure its not a 1957,58,59 whats the model model# for a 1957 is rd,rde,rje-19 and 1958 model rd,rde,rds-19c 1959 is rd,rds-21"

"That is 24:1 (4 qts per g

"That is 24:1 (4 qts per gallon, 6 gallons is 24 quarts gas) and 1 quart oil."

I am very new to boating and h

I am very new to boating and have a Evinrude 1979 175hs and would like to know what is the fuel/oil mix? I have been told for every 5 gallons of fuel to use a pint of 2 cycle oil. Then someone else says no for every tank use a pint. Is there an expert out there that would know so I will not be stranded on the lake? Thanks-signed-Sputtering In Colorado

Back