Logo

Oil dipstick question

doubleg

i am repowering my boat with 5

i am repowering my boat with 5.7 vortec power packs (carb.). i got the new engines delivered and i discovered there were no dipstick tubes on them. i looked on the oil pan and found no plugged holes for a dipstick tube. my previous engines had dipsticks in the oil pan. am i missing something or are my old oil pans supposed to go on these new motors. if they do have a tube made for these engines where can i find them and where and how are they installed. thanks for any and all help

should be a plug in the block.

should be a plug in the block. stbd side. just above oilpan. or you can use a dipstick that connects to the oilpan drain. what were your old engines? can't remember any G.M. engines with oilpan entry. thought that was a ford thing.

"Gary,
Not to long ago I sw

"Gary,
Not to long ago I switched my 4.3 engines with new ones, which are basically the 5.7 chopped down, and the dipstick is an extra that goes into the oil pan and comes around and bolts to the front of the engine in my experience if thats any help.I would believe you will need to do the same...Todd"

Back