Logo

Oil cap

Dac1203

Hey guys, I’m getting oil in my fuel filter, I understand that it’s probably the vent in the cap is probably plugged and to get a new cap. My question is if you have a remote fill tube is the vent somewhere else other than the cap, I took the cap apart and didn’t find anywhere it can vent from, hate to buy a new cap with same problem

Don't drill a hole in it as rain, backwash and water from washing boat can enter oil tank. This is a expensive engine repair to save just a few tokens.

This is a remote fill and you dont want to do this. There is few dry enclosed areas under rear deck of a boat and if drain plug is left in, oil tank can get water in it.

It all simple I think.-----Yes I picked up a pair of 90 HP motors due to VRO injecting water into the motors.----Twin installation that had drain plug left in during off season.----Original poster seemed to balk at good advice in post #1----Oil tank " cap with valve " a mere $25 on perhaps a $25,000 boat.----Sorry.

So I did a little more research and found that on remote fill setup the vent is in the deck fitting not the cap, so I ordered a new one installed it today, put my mouth on the fitting and blew into the tank and herd and felt it vent. I appreciate everyone’s response, I didn’t balk at the advise I was waiting for delivery

Back