Logo

Oil Alarm

DPings

Hello All. I am new to the forum and fairly new to the boating world although I have had boats. I bought an older 93 Tracker V pro 17 with a 93 Evinrude 90 Tracker with the external Oil Reservoir. I had to do some work to it to even get it to run. Both Carbs were completely gummed up and there was no spark. After rebuilding both carbs and eliminating everything except the CDI power Pack I replace it and now I have spark. While I had the carbs off I noticed the VRO pump was cracked so I ordered and replace that as well.

Yesterday I went out to the reservoir to test it and it ran great. We were about 5-10 minutes away and the oil alarm came on. Started beeping about every 1-2 seconds, but would slow down a little as I slowed the boat down. I did have oil in the tank, it was about 3/4 full. I did have the normal blue smoke that a two stroke puts out, so I wasn't too worried that the motor wasn't getting oil. The Bulb is hard. I started it back up and it was about another minute and it started beeping again. In my mind I am thinking the sensor
is bad. Any Thoughts? Thanks for any input you are willing to offer.
user_offline.gif

Back