Logo

NS5B runs for 20 to 30 seconds

pikebastard

It's as if the gas cap is not venting but removing cap makes no diff. Gas is flowing nicely to the fuel pump. (Why couldn't this gravity feed like a 60's honda bike without the need for a pump?)... Visual inspection of fuel pump parts shows nothing suspicious/visual inspection of carb parts shows nothing/blew out the main jet and interior with compressed air... Problem persists and bringing it to the shop delays solution into the winter months. Any suggestions??? THX: P. Bastard

When was the last time the carb was cleaned properly? What does the plug look like? Does choking help or hurt?

The cleaning I did on the carb was probably a bit superficial and it could be time to do a better job. I saw a previous post where it was advised to put in a certain solvent overnight and maybe that should be my next move. The plug looks great although it looks wet after starting attempt. But not wet enough that it should drown out the spark. Choking doesn't change the scenario at all. The spark is always there when I yank the cord. I'll give it a try with another plug just to rule that out. Thanks for the help......

Back