Logo

Not enough power

jerry101

Contributing Member
"all of the suggestions you me

"all of the suggestions you mentioned were checked and everything is right on..what i noticed was that the forward and reverse cables do not go back as far as they should for max power,what about that ?"

Don't start a new topic fo

Don't start a new topic for every post that pertains to your previous post. Simply add to that previous post. Anyone reading this post first would have no idea what you're speaking of.

"I agree, I have no idea of wh

"I agree, I have no idea of what this is about."

"Your problem is that the moto

"Your problem is that the motor doesn't seem to produce enough power. You've checked the compression, cleaned the carbs, checked the igntiion, and timing. Everything is fine? As for the forward and reverse cables, if they go far enough for the engine to go into forward, neutral, and reverse, I suspect it is fine. If you are saying that your throttle cable does not open the carbs sufficiently when you give the contol full throttle, that could be your problem.When you push the throttle down, do the carbs open fully (to the stop?)"

"not quite, there's still

"not quite, there's still about a half inch play..i noticed there is a bar that attaches to the shifter bar,that a hose comes off of that and is attached to the filter box. i think this might run off a vacuum off the filter box ? i ordered a repair manuel from this site, but i haven't received it yet.. so i don't know the exact name for this attachment..."

"What do you mean it is not de

"What do you mean it is not developing sufficient power? Won't plane, or only goes 38 when it should go 40? Any other symptoms?"

"when i started in the drivewa

"when i started in the driveway with the ears on it and garden hose running,the prop doesn't spin any faster when you push on the throttle..what i noticed yesterday when i started it was that there was black deposits of something coming out of the pee holes where the water comes out...does this mean the impeller is bad and if so,would this cause the power problem i'm having..thanks jerry"

Back