Logo

Not a moderator BUT....

crankbearing

Contributing Member
Hey All,

I love trying to help you all out as I am sure the others do to. BUT there are many things that Merc did over the years with motors etc... That should not have been or maybe was a one off - believe me, That is how I got my 1958 30H Racing engine that was mounted to a fishing mid and tiller handle motor.

Anyhow, if you could post your serial numbers and exact models or pics it would help us to help you many times over we are not there to look at the motors in the flesh so to speak so giving as much detail about the issues leading up to the problem and what has been tried or performed in repairs is really good to include as well.

OK galamb I am ventin as well. LOL :) :D

This is not a bad "you are naughty post" just easier to fix problems if We have more information to USE.

Best Regards,

Absolutely agree with Dave on this one.

Plus, a little bit of history can go a long way to narrowing down a problem.

If the motor has been stored for years, tell us.

Likewise, if it was running "fine" yesterday and won't start today that is key information.

Plus, tell us what you have already tried (new battery, borrowed a portable gas tank from a running motor etc).

If you simply put "my motor won't start" the response you get may seem a little condesending - but with a statement like that we have to assume that your mechanical skills are near zero and the answer might ask "did you turn the key" :)

Back