Logo

No Fuel pump running,430b V6 wellcraft 20sl

mcw

Contributing Member
Have had a great session on the boat, went out yesterday for the final day, before lay, boat ran excelllent all day long.
icon11.png

Decided to flush engine out today and wont start,noticed right away that the fuel pump was not running, checked the supply voltage to it which showed 11.78v, battery voltage is 12.92. relay clicking on. I have on over he past month been spraying the engine down with wd40 to help the increase of water and salt.

Am i right in saying the fuel pump is shot, it has been noisy or you can certainly here the electric motor running, which i think i have heard is a sign of degradeing of the pump.

Is there any thing else than can get checked with in the pump or is it a sealed unit.
icon4.png

Any thoughts will be listened to.

Attachments

• WELLCRAFT EXCELL.jpg
    WELLCRAFT EXCELL.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 103
Update 20.35

Have taken fuel pump out tonight and tested on bench, DEAD DEAD DEAD there is a burnt smell from inside the pump, my original 14 years old pump has passed over to the scrap side.

Now do i settle for the same low pressure pump or are there any alternatives that i could think about.

any ideas chaps.???????

Mark

Mark,

You want the same / similar pump.

After you change, you might want to run it and see if you'll be ready to go next season......

John

Back