Logo

No fire on bottom two cyclinders 87 Mercury 45 horse

Catfishtop

The Guy working on my motor seems to know what he is doing but is he doing something wrong? here is the problem check the stator all good numbers with his meter,checked the Trigger was very weak on two of the wires checked replaced the trigger all good numbers now we swithch out the switch box with two other boxes still the same problen no fire on botttom two cyclinders,did some wire switching wit top cyclinders got fire to bottom, telling me that the box is bad, I noticed he had removed the wires from what he called the rectifier,he also didconnected the main wire bundle from the motor to the ignition area, he used a hand held device to turn the motor over, would the removal of the wires from the rectifier cause the bottom two cyclinders not to fire? whould it cause the switch box to burn out on the bottom two cyclinders? HELP!!

Did you replace the switchbox with a new switchbox? Or just tried a couple other switchboxes that were lying around? Try swapping the top and bottom plug wires if to nothing else but eliminate them as a problem.

Did you replace the switchbox with a new switchbox? Or just tried a couple other switchboxes that were lying around? Try swapping the top and bottom plug wires if to nothing else but eliminate them as a problem.

No the switch boxes came from a boat salvage yard, they were used boxes but trying to scrape up the money to buy a new box.

Tech Tip move wire from good clyinder, like # 2 put on coil 3 that isn't firing. If still no spark it will be switch box.Plus move wire from 3 to 2 if spark it will still be swick box...

Steve

Back