Logo

Nissan 25 hp. NS25C3 won't open up.

markmorelock25

Hello folks.
I have a (2002-earlier?) NS25C3 that will not "open up". It starts and idles fine. But when you go to take off it acts like it is only at half throttle.

It has 150 psi compression on both cylinders. Spark will jump one heck of a gap (7/16" +) on both cylinders. I have replaced fuel lines and filter and cleaned the tank. Then I went thru the carb (which wasn't dirty at all. I even removed the welsh plugs before dipping it to make sure I got it as clean as possible. After I cleaned the carb it ran the same.

It acts like the timing isn't advancing. If you pull the choke or add fuel while it is running it chokes down even worse. I have checked all the linkages and even popped the flywheel off to make sure nothing in the magneto was damaged and found nothing wrong.

Could the CDI unit cause this?
Thanks for any help.

Is the motor new to you? If so, are you over-propped?

When you verified the linkages, where is the timing set?

Have you tried new plugs? What do the plugs look like? They tell a lot.

Paul,

Thanks for the help. It was the plugs. They would fire fine outside the cylinder but were definitely the problem!!! I had replaced them not long ago when I was changing the l/u oil. Just because something is new doesn't mean that it is necessarily good.
I just wanted to post this because Nobody ever post whether or not they get their problem fixed or not.

Words of wisdom-"The minute you think you know something, You're wrong!"

Back