Logo

NEW MODEL DPSM DUAL PROP STERNDRIVES

capm_kurt

"I Have 2006 Volvo [b]<u>DUAL

"I Have 2006 Volvo <u>DUAL PROP DRIVE MODEL DP-SM</u> on new 24ft Chaparral 236SSI with 5.7L . Want to start <u>GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ON THESE DRIVES</u>in particular. Been Mercruiser man for 20 years, and a decent home mechanic, but trying Volvo dual prop(not dual drives). First problem to follow."

"LEFT TURNS WITH VOLVO DP-S DU

"LEFT TURNS WITH VOLVO DP-S DUO PROP DRIVE. My boat turns right twice as short a turn compared to the left. Steering mechanism just won't let it go any further when turning left. Dealer says "Yea, the new Volvo's turn terrible to the left". I don't know if single prop drives have this problem as well. Anyone experience this-its down right dangerous turning left in a small river. <u>Reason:</u> When turning left, the center steering "block" where the pins are that attaches the steering cable to the drive hits a metal "tube" too soon that's on the end of the steering cable. This tube covers the steering rod (the one that you put grease on)on the end of the cable. If the tube can be unscrewed and removed, maybe it can be machined off an inch or so. You can see it just doesn't pull the drive as far too the left as to the right."

"Mine is like that too, not go

"Mine is like that too, not good to the left. Let us know if you find how to fix it. My boat is a couple years old but I think this drive has been out for several years now, not sure."

Back