Logo

New 2022 DF90A stalls randomly - ideas

BW15

Brand new, DF90A, maybe 20 hrs on it. On a 17 ft aluminum deep V walleye style boat. I can run it half to full throttle for a long time (45 minutes to 3 hours), basically engine is at full operating temp. Then I stop for 20-40 minutes to go grab supplies or everyone just jumps in lake and swims around. Then next start, it will start and run for about 200 yards to 1/4 mile then dies/chugs to stop like it's running out of gas - no warning. It has died while running about 3500 rpms and 5300 rpms. After it stops I get 3 even spaced longish beeps. This has happened 4 times now. Twice it restarted fairly easily, once I could not restart and had to get towed a couple miles back to my dock, once I got it restarted by giving it half throttle in neutral after a few failed normal start attempts. Fuel line and filter replaced after second time it happened. The 3 beeps alarm seems to be oil change due indicator ???My dealer has no ideas. Maybe someone here does.

I'm having something similar. Mine will die randomly when just cruising around at low speed. When it dies it seems that the inline fuel filter is empty and I pump the primer bulb until it gets hard. Then it starts again and runs okay.

Back