Logo

new 115 2 or 4 stoke which get

redwolf

i am gettin a new boat has a 115 merc 2 stroke on it but i have looked at 115 4 stokes, also i troll some so if i do the optimax i figure i would have to get a small motor for the back to troll with, because i dont think you can run big out board slow not good for it i always thiought but it is `19 ft long alum boat will a 115 4 stoke lack power to get up i realize the 4 stoke is heavier what are some advantages if i go with the 2 cycle? over the 4 thanks for any advice have a good day all

What to do, what to do.... You can't beat 2 stroke power out of the hole, and 2 strokes have been around forever and are lighter. Unfortunately the eco-nazis are doing what they can to eliminate all 2 strokes. Currently many 2 stroke lawn mower parts are obsolete because of this.

4 strokes are heavy and slower out of the hole, yet recent advances make them pretty interesting. Speaking strictly from a dirt bike aspect, 4 strokes last longer between rebuilds. BUT, my 1977 has been on the water since 1978 with the same pistons and rings and I still have great compression. I've gotta think that a 4 stroke is quieter and not mixing premix is a bonus.

Personally I'm a 2 stroke guy .....

I have a 4 cylinder 115 HP 2 stroker, it'll troll all day long w/just 2 cylinders on a little gas at just about 2 mph. Hit the throttle and she'll roar all 4 cylinders down the lake and drink alot of gas. Back off the throttle to 1700 RPM and it's a 2 cylinder easy on gas. I think you'll like the 2 stroke 115 HP.

i did it i went with the optimax pick boat up sat morning @ 9 am it is on a starweld 1900. looks like a nice boat thanks guys

Back