Logo

need year from serial #

bperry

Contributing Member
I just purchased a 1989 Huricane and it has a mercury 150 XR6 and serial number is OD198657. Can someone help me with the year. I am interested in trading for a smaller motor. Maybe 70 or 90. Need to know year first. Thanks

Hi, sorry to hijack this post but I have tried to post a new thread a couple of times without success.

I also have a Mariner 40 that I am trying to find information on. I have searched all over the net but can't seem to find a match to the serial number I have anywhere.
Hopefully someone here can shed some light!

The details I have are:

Mariner 40ML
6E9 L 306563
Made in Japan (with a K in the bottom right corner of the plate)

Any information will be of help and greatly appreciated.
If anyone knows where I can find a manual online it would be good too.

Thanks in advance
Garry

Last edited:
Hi, sorry to hijack this post but I have tried to post a new thread a couple of times without success.

I also have a Mariner 40 that I am trying to find information on. I have searched all over the net but can't seem to find a match to the serial number I have anywhere.
Hopefully someone here can shed some light!

The details I have are:

Mariner 40ML
6E9 L 306563
Made in Japan (with a K in the bottom right corner of the plate)

Any information will be of help and greatly appreciated.
If anyone knows where I can find a manual online it would be good too.

Thanks in advance
Garry

You're looking for service manual part number 90-84520--2, http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0.X90-84520--2.TRS0&_nkw=90-84520--2&_sacat=0

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mariner-outboard-parts/40c-twin-carb/6e9300126-thru-6e9309343---ml

40C ML

6E9-304784 - 6E9-306713

Thank you for the fast reply boat-tech!

That's awesome, I don't know how you do it but you do :)

I hate to be a pain but I don't suppose you have a link to a page that can give me more details on the engine? I know nothing of boat engines and have inherited this one so after general info in order to sell it. It looks to me like a long shaft but couldn't say for sure....hence the need for some accurate info.

Thanks again
Garry

Back