Logo

Need new rectifierreg

becken

" Howdy Shipmates, I have a 19

" Howdy Shipmates, I have a 1964 75hp Evinrude that
refuses to charge after 30 years (yes 30 years) of use and it still runs like a charm. Model No.
75483D. It stopped charging last time in the lake
and I'm pretty certain it needs a new rect/reg.
I checked voltage at the regulator and the voltmeter shows 28 ACV at a fairly fast idle and continuity at the stator is OK but zero comes out of the regulator. Anyone who wants to add their 2cents worth is welcome, I have had a quote for a new regulator and I'm still recovering from the
shock. Best wishes Al. "

" Becken,

Can't tell yo

" Becken,

Can't tell you for sure that it's the rectifier, but if that's what you end up needing: Check out precision mfg (order by phone or mail from clearwater, florida), they have a website w/ phone number for orders and a way to request a catologe. Not sure if they can get that exact part, but many refurbished electronics are available and are backed up by warranty.

Jon "

" Thanks for your response Jon

" Thanks for your response Jon. Unfortunately I was unable to locate 'precision mfg', apparently there
are a lot of people with a name similar to that one but I could'nt find the one that I needed. I am talkin to some one that could possibly supply me with parts that I need. Thanks once more. Al. "

Back