Logo

NEED HELP from the pros

Gettingrouper

Hi guys , I have a 2013 F225BETX (caribbean model) serial # 6AS-X-1003328B with 465 hrs on the motor. I do the 100 hr service myself as we live on a small island off the coast of Honduras and there are no "yamaha mechanics" certainly not certified. So the past 3 trips we have made to town which is 6 miles by boat I am running up on plane at 4200 rpm and its like someone just turned off the key !! dead, I put the motor in neutral turn the key to start it, Perfect, runs great, did our shopping, came out to the boat 4 hrs later, started home and into the journey about 1 mile , same thing, started it back up and came home without another incident , seems to do it 1 time per trip, maybe it will get worse / more often as time goes on. This motor is our car, we are boat access only and rely on this to survive, anyone have any clues to where or what it may be please ??? I dont think its water in the fuel, because it doesn't run rough, it like turning off the key every time it happens.....
Please help if you can
Thank you
Ken Hammer

Check all battery connections. Once power is lost to the battery the engine will shut down. While the engine is running you can wiggle all the cables and try and recreate the problem.

Also wiggle the ignition Key switch while the engine is running.

Had a customer with this issue on his Yamaha last summer and it was a lose battery cable.

Check all battery connections. Once power is lost to the battery the engine will shut down. While the engine is running you can wiggle all the cables and try and recreate the problem.

Also wiggle the ignition Key switch while the engine is running.

Had a customer with this issue on his Yamaha last summer and it was a lose battery cable.
Thank you Chris, will check those areas as you suggested....
Ken

Thank you Chris, will check those areas as you suggested....
Ken
Hey Chris, well I went out to the boat and cleaned the + and - terms, neg looked good Pos def had some green corrosion on that lug as well as underneath it, so Im "hoping" that was it, I will find out when it quits raining.
Thx again !

Problem SOLVED, took it for a 14 mi run yesterday after cleaning the battery connections and NO issues ! Can't believe that little but of corrosion on the + lug would do that but it's obvious now,,,, it did..
Thanks to ALL for the tips and suggestions..... Ken

Back