Logo

Need help, 2010 90hp Honda

Mac1528

Hello everyone, new to the forum today...glad I found it. While getting the boat & motor cleaned up yesterday, I removed the cowling to look things over. There are two pinkish clear hoses, I'll post pics in a bit, that d not appear to carry any fluid in them, so I'm assuming they are vacuum hoses. One of the hoses has an end disconnected. The engine fired up and ran great between idle and 2K rpms on the watermuffs for about 20min. One end of this hose is connected behind the fuel bowl to what looks like an intake manifold. The other end is disconnected and I have searched everywhere in close proximity to the end as to where it connects to no avail. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

they might be extra hoses provided by honda for draining parts of the fuel system during maintenance. I know for sure that the carbureted honda's had them. i have one in the shop, i'll check it tommorrow for you, if i can remember :)

I have the same thing on my Yamaha and it is just directed out of the cowling. It is there to drain fuel that flows backwards into the intake if the motor floods.

It could be as DangerStu says,... I can't ask techline anymore as to exact reason because i am not a honda dealer anymore but it is definitely o.k. that they go to nowhere in the cowling. They could be moisture drains. i think one of them comes off the silencer cover. you don't need to worry about them, ..unless they are plugged with little critters, just blow them out to keep everything tip top.

Back