Logo

Need help 1996 suzuki DT150 not firing

devildog_1391

"My boat was running fine unti

"My boat was running fine until it died down and lost power. I came to find out that on my port side all the plugs were wet and not getting spark. i cleaned all the plugs still no spark i tapped on the cover of the coils and all of a sudden i had all six firing a little ways down the river it died again i tapped on the cover and now it will not work to get the other 3 port cylinders to fire. I took one of the coils from the starboard side of the motor and put it on the port side and it worked. Would this mean some of the coils are bad? or do i have a bad sensor,CDI any help would be greatly appreciated

By the way now the cylinders not firing are 2,3 and 6."

"Sounds like we have similar p

"Sounds like we have similar problems.... I tested mine for spark at the cable plug, so I'm sure its not the plugs. I'm having a moblie tech come out to my boat this week, let Ya know if they figure it out..."

Here is an update i checked al

Here is an update i checked all the connections the ones for 3 and for were reversed now im back to my port side bank not firing could it be my stator. or A magnetic pick up or some sensor im not too familiar or im not too sure what the solid blocks are that the coils plug into

"I'll keep an eye out beca

"I'll keep an eye out because I've got the same problem with my '94 DT 150 EFI. It ran fine, then did'nt want to start finally got it fired up and limped to the shore. When I pulled the spark plugs I checked for fire and found 3 of the 6 cyls dead and all on the same side. The Compression is ok [120 psi]thought it might be oil level or oil flow sensors but dont know if unpluging sensors will eliminate them as being good bad, I did unplug them to see if I got fire to the cyls but no change still 3 cyls no spark I guess I'm going to have to buy a service manual to point me in the right direction"

Back