Logo

Need cross-reference information for a part

kwcruisin

I have a 1986 Mercruiser 140 - 3.0L - 181 CID. I need to replace the harmonic balancer (crankshaft pulley) and Mercury Marine continues to put the part on back order. I would like to find a suitable GM replacement part but I need a cross reference number to give the local parts house, they cannot find me a GM 4-cylinder part based on the Mercury part number. Mercury part number is 55045T. As best I know, the GM vehicles of that year used a 2.5 or 2.8 liter. I suspect that the Mercruiser is one of those simply bored out. Thank You......

Best suggestion in lue of a GM cross reference would be to do a search on craigs list for that engine, one that is bad (cracked due to not winterized......also check with local marina's as they may have many bad motors lying around........

My suggestion for now...........

As best I know, the GM vehicles of that year used a 2.5 or 2.8 liter. I suspect that the Mercruiser is one of those simply bored out.

Ayuh,... I'd think the balance would be very different....

The 3.0l, 181 cid, has Never been used in an automobile....

hystat, thanks man you're definitely right on the mark, I just didn't wait long enough. I wanted to get it up and running and ordered the part from E Basic Power. Guess what they shipped me......... GM Part # 3826280. Guess what they charged me...... $230.00. I think I'll send it right back and order the part where you said. Thanks again, wish I'd been more patient, now I'm just going to have to wait longer.

yeah, I bought a front pulley for my OMC 3.8 V6 - same number as a '68 Corvette 327

$200 from marina, $70 from Corvette shop

Back