Logo

Need a prop shaft

pultab

"the prop shaft on my 89 2.3 l

"the prop shaft on my 89 2.3 liter cobra drive is slightly bent. i would like to replace it but don't want to spend 3 or 4 hundred dollars. if anyone out there has a good used one they would like to sell let me know. my email is [email protected].

Thanks"

"Given the info in your previo

"Given the info in your previous post, the Propeller Shaft should be part# 387818. All four models made that year had the same shaft. An alternate number came up in my short search, 436888. There is also a Sierra # 18-2252. Marine Parts Source had the 436888 for $425.000. The Sierra was $285.99. Ebay also has some listed. The 387818 is $289.95. They also had the 436888 used for $120.00. I suspect there are others if you continue to search. I obtasined the part #'s from BRP.com. I gathred this in case you can not come up with anything from the users of this forum. Always good idea to have options. Good Luck."

"I recently did this on my 90

"I recently did this on my 90 5.7 Cobra. I got one off Ebay for $90 worked great. Come to find out the local marina told me they send all of theirs bent shafts down to the local machine shop and they can fix them for $60. I went ahead and took my severly bent propshaft to them. Got it back in 3 days and it is perfect. So now I have a spare that hopefully I will never need.
happy.gif

If you have a good machine shop you might try giving them a call."

If it helps I bought mine off

If it helps I bought mine off the same guy that has all the ones currently listed on Ebay for $120. He will help you out and it will arrive fast and looking like a new one.

"Thank you everyone for all th

"Thank you everyone for all the help. If I can't get this taken care of with all this help I am too stupid to own a boat!

Thanks again,
Warren"

Back