Logo

Mr Lamb please help

dale_c

"I'm sorry to bother you w

"I'm sorry to bother you with the same questions everyone asks, but I've looked everywhere I know first. Can you tell me what I have? I have been told an 87 135hp mariner..OB220895. I need to time & synch but the book shows different motors. Thank you in advance"

"Dale, my dad is "Mr. Lamb

"Dale, my dad is "Mr. Lamb"

Anyhow, yes, you have a 1987 Mercury built Mariner."

"Thank you Graham, I have two

"Thank you Graham, I have two diy books and they dont show my #s, I am going by the 135-150 procedure to time and synch,is that right? Thanks again"

"Yes, the 135/150's (n

"Yes, the 135/150's (non-XR model 150's anyhow) shared a powerhead, ignition etc, only the carbs/jets were different between the two motors.

I can't remember for sure (and don't have manuals on the bigger mercs prior about 1990), but I'm thinking you should have one of the 2.0 litre blocks (if that helps narrow down which instructions to use)...."

"Thank you again Graham, now f

"Thank you again Graham, now for the fun part, I just noticed this morning my timing indicator tab is gone, just the stud where its supposed to be. Well,...I didnt want this to be too easy anyway, just a little more brain cells to use up. Lets see......"

Back