Logo

Motor rising in reverse

"Hi all,
I have a B

"Hi all,
I have a Blueband 150 and the motor will rise up when put in reverse. I have the old style pump with the single solenoid.

I have tried screwing the reverse lock dial all the way out then all the way in with the same result.
I know you cant get parts anymore but what is it inside of the pump housing that fails?

It trims up ok and holds, trims down but it only seem to release pressure, not "pump" it down.
Is this bit normal? Could it be possible some one has had it apart and forgotten a check valve, spring etc?

Can i use a different pump to operate my rams?

Cheers,
Kris"

"Kris, There is a control valv

"Kris, There is a control valve mounted under the pump. This device is where the "reverse lock" screws into. It is supposed to "lock" the OB into any position you set it to. I have never had any problem with mine, and there is no rebuild kit. You will need to replace it, if it is bad. You can try a junk yard or eBAY, prior to the Merc Dealer."

"Thanks guys,
I

"Thanks guys,
I have checked oil level and is fine. Can`t get any fluid from the bleeder screws for the "Trim down" position. Can get oil from the "trim up" bleeder screws. Would this be a faulty pump block?

Cheers,
Kris"

"Kris, I am not an expert, bu

"Kris, I am not an expert, but it sounds like a faulty trim control valve. You might try to clean it up. Maybe it has a stuck check ball. Of course, if you take it apart, you may change the settings, it that could afect its operation."

according to merc manual the p

according to merc manual the problem is either
1-control valve not closed tight
2-control valve assy inoperative
3-internal cylinder leaks

Back