Logo

Motor not cranking

AndrewCorley

I have a 120 go 1995 force outbord that has been running fine for a while. I fished last weekend and it sit here for a week some cold weather came through and now it won't start. Gas or some kind of oil is coming out from the prop. Is this normal? I haven't had it but a few months. I hear the choke clicking but I ain't sure if it's working. It's just hard to believe it ran so good just last week and now it won't do anything. Do y'all have any ideas?

Gas or some kind of oil is coming out from the prop. Is this normal?
normal. The engine has to crank pretty fast to start. Charge the battery and make sure it is up to the job and has a full charge. Is the gas fresh? Check for bright blue snapping spark.

normal. The engine has to crank pretty fast to start. Charge the battery and make sure it is up to the job and has a full charge. Is the gas fresh? Check for bright blue snapping spark.

IT has a brand new battery in it that was fully charged at the time. New gas I put in that day. Kill switch was on run. All the small things I ruled out that day. I havnt check spark yet

is it turning over and not starting, or clicking and not turning over. If its turning, then yeah, you need to check your spark. Does your gas have stabilizer in it? This is necessary, e -10 gas doesn't last without it.

is it turning over and not starting, or clicking and not turning over. If its turning, then yeah, you need to check your spark. Does your gas have stabilizer in it? This is necessary, e -10 gas doesn't last without it.
It's turning and not starting. We have a store here that sells gas without ethanol. It's a little more but it's all I run. I run Premium gas too. Im sure it's something to do with the spark cause its not trying to fire at all. Is there a Quick ezy way to test the spark? Thanx in advance.

Buy or make a spark gap tester and set it for 7/16" gap. I like to look at all of the sparks at once to compare them. You might try disconnecting the lanyard kill switch to see if it will start.

Ok I checked sparks. I'm not getting any sparks for none of the plugs. Is there a way to check the stater or power pack. I'm probly gonna take it to the shop tomorrow although I hate to. Thanx for all the help. I'll post the results and let y'all know what the problem was

Back