Logo

morse shift lever 1985 3.0

draven620

Regular Contributor
i have a 1985 nercruiser 3.0 i redid all of my interior in my boat and had to take shift lever off to remove interior and then reinstall when i put new interior in my question is when i removed shift lever i didnt have to detach any thing besides the front plate that held the assembly from the front to the back of the interior well when i reinstalled the front plate the lever will go in the forward and reverse directions but the handle is suppossed to pull out and go forward for priming the motor when starting and it will no longer pull out like before interior was changed any ideas i have a morse shift lever on inspection i do not see any thing stuck to make it not pull out

Last edited:
Re: morse shift lever

Take some pics and post if you can, tough to remember what the parts break down of a morse is.........

Odds are you had to remove the handle and some other hardware so you must have installed incorrectly, My guess!

Re: morse shift lever

took a picture but i ended up taking it to my boat mech. had a exahust bellows put on that was faulty cracked betwen the ribs so he was going to replace it under a warranty part so he is gonna fix it while hes at it

Back