Logo

More choke problems

Hello, I just bought an Evinrude 18 horse. 18902d. I was told electric start was an add on. I want to change it back to mechanical choke. Because I can't get the electric choke to work. Probably just the solenoid. Anyway, I need the choke knob and the linkage to hook it to the carb. I have found nothing on how the mechanical choke works. Would any one have the parts I need.? thank you very much in advance for your help. After thought, If electric start was an add on. It won't charge the battery will it.? whoa is me.

1969 18hp Evinrude

To test the choke solenoid, simply apply 12v to the solenoid wiring terminal. You may be lucky.

Electric start is just that... no charging system UNLESS that also has been added (if possible... unlikely).

1969 18hp Evinrude

To test the choke solenoid, simply apply 12v to the solenoid wiring terminal. You may be lucky.

Electric start is just that... no charging system UNLESS that also has been added (if possible... unlikely).
I tried that and it did not work, and I have no idea where to get a solenoid. If I could find the parts, I could go either way

I have been watching E-Bay and there are no salvage yards around here that I know of. BUT,...... My neighbor stopped in today and he said he thinks he has what I need. I wonder if I could be that lucky. Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it very much.

Back