Logo

More BF50 issues

Dannbran

Got it out on the water for the first time this morning after replacing impeller and thermostat. Was peeing when we started but after 10 or so minutes I looked back and it had stopped. We fished for an hour or so and when we cranked back up it started peeing again a little bit, gradually getting stronger then went to just a drip again. I brought it home popped the hose that goes to the pee valve off, blew into it then hooked muffs up cranked it up and she peed like a champ. The water coming out was pretty warm I assume that’s normal? Is there any permanent fix for the intermittent peeing?

Issue #2, top cylinder is not firing, compression is good (per mechanic), swapped plugs and wires with the other two cylinders and that didn’t change anything, so assuming it’s a fuel/carb issue. Would it be ok to do a “decarb” treatment with just the muffs supplying Water or does it need to be in the water or would a decarb even do anything for me? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For issue #1: In my experienece, you probably just have some crud stuck in your cooling system, it will eventually work itself out if it hasn't already. Even the tiniest piece of debris can clog the telltale, but all you need to do is shoot some compressed air up there while the engine is running, usually it will come right out. If it keeps on happening after you do that a few times, maybe take the water jacket cover off and look inside to see if there is a lot of corrosion or if the anode needs replacing.

For issue #2: A lone dead cylinder is usually spark plug, coil, wire, or compression. Double and triple check. Fuel/carb is the last place I would look after confirming none of those are the issue.

Yeah, the mechanic checked the plugs, wires and compression (I’d like to say I helped but I was there 😂). I actually tore down the carbs last night and the main jet on carb #1 (the one not firing) was completely clogged. Hoping this was the issue and not something more serious, guess I’ll find out later today. Starting to wish I’d have been more patient in making this purchase, but it is what it is.

Hopefully you found your issue. If the jet on that carb was clogged, it's possible you have some debris in your fuel system that could affect the other ones to. I agree with iang, clean everything in the fuel system just to be sure.

Back