Logo

Model by serial number

Pacemaker36

Hi Everyone,
I'm in the process of re-powering a 36' Pacemaker Sport Fish. I have two older (but brand new) crusader long block 350cid/5.7L engines. As I look at parts online I see that there is a difference between the Crusader model 270 and the Crusader 350. I am unsure of the year engines I have but would like to make sire that I purchase the right parts.
Anyone know how to narrow it down?

Isn't the crusader "350" actually a 454 big block? If you have small block 350 cid engines, parts can be determined by rear main seal, 1 piece or older 2 piece.

So are all the 350cid (5.7L small block) engines considered Crusader 270's?
I think that they went to a one piece rear main seal in 1986 or so. They are newer than that.

Last edited:
not necessarily, crusader 270 was a carb engine with mechanical pump, newer versions would be fuel injected, or carbs with electric fuel pumps. Do you long blocks have a machined spot where the fuel pump mounts? if not it then they would be the newer electric fuel pump models. http://www.marinepartssource.com/crusaderpb/index.asp look at this link, shows all the parts manuals for the different crusader engines.

If you have 'real' crusader engines, they will have serial numbers which are the key to getting the 'correct' parts. If you have long blocks to swap out, all the bolts ons should swap over as long as the original and the replacement blocks are of the same "generation". if they differ, some parts will still bolt on (old-to-new) but 'it depends' frequently comes into play.

Back