Logo

Model and year identification

A

Anonymous

I have recently acquired a Te

I have recently acquired a Ted Williams 7.5 hp air-cooled outboard. I would like to know what make and year it is. the ID tag fwd of the throttle control says: 217-5889-0 s/n:3c 177545 can anyone help? P.S -fuel/oil mixture info would be great also. Thank you in advance.

" anon,

Go to the Sears hom

" anon,

Go to the Sears home page and click on parts. Type in the model number of your engine. You should be able to find out about your engine there.

Tony "

"Tony,

I was curious, so I

"Tony,

I was curious, so I tried it using his model number and it worked. You have to do it just as you said... go to parts and enter the model number. They don't seem to give the year, but they do have parts for sale online.

Sears needs to make some improvements to the search function... if you type in "outboard" as a keyword on the main page, you get nothing.

Sears.

Regards,
Andrew"

" Andrew& anon,

I thoug

" Andrew& anon,

I thought an owner's manual might be available online, but not so. In fact, while all the parts are shown, many are no longer available for these engines.

You could try Tecumseh. They might be able to tell you the year of manufacture.

I'm sure the fuel oil ratio would be 50 to 1. As for the year all I can say for sure is that it has to be 1987 or older. They sold this engine
for about ten years without much variation from year to year and then Sears began selling a 7.5 hp made by Force.

Tony "

" Tecumseh sold the rights to

" Tecumseh sold the rights to the Sears Outboard
motors out to Eska Outboards, Certified Parts Corp. You can contact them at (800)356-0777. "

Back