Logo

Minn Kota Ulterra Issue

JimNaples

I have an Ulterra. While out on the water with it down in the deployed position I hit the stow button on the remote. I had a water bottle blocking it from stowing properly and it got stuck at a 45° angle. We removed the water bottle but could not get it to stow or deploy again. Remote said motor paused and the red light on the base of the unit was flashing. We removed the right side cover and took the screw out of the black trim lever cover that holds the two plates together so we could manually stow it and get back to port. When back home we put the plates back together and reinstalled the lever cover. We tried to power cycle using the method where you push the power button three times to try to reset the system but it did not work. Remote still says motor paused and the red light begins flashing again when I push stow or deploy. Looking for help to get it working again. Thank you.

I am having a similar issue with mine. Mine wont stow but will deploy and even sometimes get stuck when deploying. Does yours stick when deploying? I was wondering if mine is a weak battery issue. Maybe we can figure this issue out together. How new are your batteries? I bought my boat used from my father inlaw so i am not sure about my batteries.

Back