Logo

Mercury XR6 150hp hot water???

bretmoua

Ok, so I noticed that the water from my motor is no longer coming out from the pee hole like a stream. It's now spitting until I rev the motor up on idle do it come out like pee. LOL So I know for sure, my impeller needs to be replace again. My question is, why is that water hot? Is it suppose to be hot, warm, or cold? Please help.

Thats what I thought too but since I was trying to sell my boat, the potential buyer said that since the water came out hot, the cylinders were starting to warp and soon the motor would fry. Does that even seem reasonable?

are you running the boat off a hose or in the water when the p hole hesitates til its revved up?....is the exhaust water so hot you cant hold your hand in it?

It was in the water when the potential buyer just happened to want to test how hot the water was. He said he has a 20hp and the water comes out cool. But oh well, I sold the boat already and had picked up my newer boat as well. LOL. I noticed that with my newer boat, the water does come out hot too, but not to the point where you can't put you hand there.

Back