Logo

Mercury Tilt Limit Switch

kimberly_anne

"Does anyone know the part num

"Does anyone know the part number of a Mercury Marine tilt limit switch? I bought one a few years ago when I installed a jack plate on my Mercury 200EFI to prevent the engine from tilting so much that the hydraulic steering cylinder contacts the top of the jack plate. I just bought a flats boat that I will be installing a jack plate on and I think I will need another limit switch. The limit switch works by limiting the amount of tilt by using a mercury switch to disconnect the negative lead on the up trim/tilt relay. You can adjust the tilt level by adjusting the angle of the bracket on the mercury switch. I can't remember what the part number is and the MercuryPartsExpress.com website has been "redesigned" so that it no longer works for any engine older than model year 2000. Just to avoid confusion this switch is not the same thing as a Mercruiser Limit Switch, which uses electrical contacts. This switch is a mercury switch."

I found the part number in my

I found the part number in my records but have not been able to find it on the internet yet. The part number is "87-814407A3 Trim Limit Switch Kit $62.25". I will keep looking unless someone else knows where I can get one.

"Still available from any Merc

"Still available from any Merc dealer with that part number, but the have bumped the price up by 10 bucks since you bought it last.."

Back