Logo

Mercury outboard serial number not returning any results

Slothmanike

Good morning, I have a 9.8 stroke 2cyl mercury outboard that has a serial number that come back with no results at all. Number is A112523 it is on 2 separate places, thanks

Sorry---Top secret.------Most folks know that the brown / copper decals were only used in 84 / 85 model years.----Install a new impeller before you use this motor !!

I did and still having problems getting water to flow at all. Getting what seems like exhuast out the pee hole and I put air pressure to the pee hole (just after it ran) and got smoke from the carburetor. This motor hasn't ran in like 13 years until now

How did this motor run for you last season ??----Was the old impeller in pieces ?-----There is a plastic washer at the top of the copper water tube.----On severe over heating it will melt.----Then block water flow.---Easy to remove powerhead for inspection.------Post the results of a compression test.

<p>
Copper tube from the pump going up to the powerhead.----The facrory replacement washer is improved " phenolic " material.---Your local dealer will have it in stock along with the gasket you need..</p>

Back