Logo

Mercury Lower unit 1993 15 hp

bx2

I need to know what from what years to what years lower unit will fit a '93 15 hP Merc.Is there a site for this? Thanks.

Re: Mercury Lower unit

No site that I know of, but -

Any 6, 8, 9.9 or 15 horse Mercury or Mercury/Mariner lower unit from any model built between 1986 and 2004 will bolt right on.

However, the water tube assembly and the exhaust plate was changed on the 1995 and newer models.

So if the lower unit comes from a 1995-2004 model you would also have to change the exhaust plate (between the powerhead and the leg).

It's not as big a job as it sounds. The new plate and 2 gaskets required run about 60 bucks and the powerhead is removed as a totally intact unit - so it's 6 bolts and a nut to remove and about an extra hour of your time...

Re: Mercury Lower unit

Forgot to add, the newer water tubes also had a flare in them at midpoint which means they won't slide through the existing hole in the leg on pre-95 models - but it can be bored a little bigger with a "long" drill bit. (I use one of those 2ft long concrete bits that cable installer guys use for drilling through walls - works great) :)

Back