Logo

Mercury Gen 1 (I) or Gen 2 (II) cables

Rpt3sfd

So I bought a new to me 2002 Mercury 125 EXLPTO and it came with a Mercury 4500 console throttle controls P/N (877700A12) but it did not come with the throttle and shift cables. I cannot seem to figure out if I need to but Gen I or Gen II cables. I have the old cables but they don’t seem to line up correctly (88 Merc 100hp). I can’t find out much about the controls other than they are NLA. Thanks for your help

'88 is getting a bit back there. 2000 would/could fit. 2000 year model Commander 2000 and 3000 remote controls use a center conductor with a plastic tip, several inches long with a hole in the end to loop over a post on either end. The outer conductor has a threaded brass length of approximately 3-4" upon which is a threaded barrel. The setup is that you set your remote to the same gear, or throttle setting for the throttle cable, connect the tip and then run the barrel up or down the threads till the barrel lines up with the slot provided for it....with just a tad of preload...meaning you want to have to force the barrel in the slot....just a tad so that you have all the slack out of the interface. Once in the slot there is a plastic cover that flips over the barrel to hold it in place...the tip is held on the stud with a lock nut.

Back