Logo

Mercury Active Trim System

Skyboat

My 2016 Bayliner VR5 with 115 hp Merc outboard 4 stroke/EFI is having an issue with the trim/tilt system. The boat is at a Mercury shop now but while they can at least get the trim/tilt to work again, they cannot get the trim gauge to function to where it is useful. I found this Active Trim system from Mercury that seems like a good option, but I cannot find a decent YouTube video. The guys who do these videos have no clue as to how to make a video without the camera bouncing all over the place or not clear explanations. I found one site that was somewhat useful, but he took too much time with the dashboard install and less time about the connections. I did not see how this unit controls the trim/tilt system in place now? One guy just grabs a cable and calls it a "control connector" but no explanation as to where this connector comes from?

Is there any decent Active Trim installation video out there? I am thinking that at some point, the cable that comes from the engine must have to connect with the Active Trim module, but no idea as to where it is?

Any help would be most appreciated.

George in Virginia

Back