Logo

MERCURY 50HP 1999 2 STROKE PULSE PUMP NIGHTMARE

DIESELFINGERS

Hello! I have a issue with a 3 cylinder 2 stroke mercury with not getting fuel from pulse pump. I have checked pulse pressure and vacuum at the hose on the front side of the pump and the lower whole the pump mounts, both ports have same amount of pressure and vacuum the gauge goes crazy not being liquid filled.. The compression is all even 120psi and I ran the boat last fall it has just sat over the winter and ran fine. I removed the oil injection line before the pulse pump attached a new hose to the inlet of the pump then directly to the primer ball is new. When I hand prime pressure there is no leaks even with a firm squeeze, I have tried two different new pulse pumps and bought the manual not finding any information to tell me what a possible cause for the no pulse situation. I am very thankful for any advice of any other issues that could cause this. I took pliers and blocked the small vacuum lines coming from check valves to see if it would give me a sign but no difference.

Compression in the cylinder is not used to drive the pump.-----The pump is driven by crankcase compression.
Correct so if the piston rings are not sealing or piston is damaged you wont have correct crankcase pressure or compression. Knowing that it has compression takes the concern of it being piston/ ring related.

Back