Logo

mercruiser transom kit 30-803099t-1 what gimbal comes with it?

kawi9rr

I installed this kit but threw out the boxes when completed. One site I looked at said it comes with 30-879194a02 and another site says it comes with 30-879194a01.Can someone with Real Merc info confirm either way.
Thank You

New OEM MerCruiser Gimbal Bearing MR & Alpha 30-879194A02

Perma-Lube Fits MC-I, R, MR & Alpha (1974-1997). Also fits Bravo (1988-1995)

[FONT=&quot]Item Supersession Chain:[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Row[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Class[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Part Number[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SS Level[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Disp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Description[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]879194A02[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ACT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BEARING KIT-GIMBL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60794A4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]01[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BEARING ASSY-BALL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60794B4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]02[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BULK OF A 4 @5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60794A2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]03[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BALL BEARING ASSY[/FONT]

OEM Factory MERCRUISER Gimbal Bearing

Fits Applications:

Mercury MerCruiser Alpha one (Gen II) 1998 and up
Mercury MerCruiser Bravo one, two and three

Old number is 862540a03

Part number: 30-879194A01

What is your concern?

The changes to the bearings are as follows. Newest bearing from Mercruiser is not serviceable. (You cannot grease them) They also changed the bearing so that they all will fit the Bravo X drive.

What is your concern?

The changes to the bearings are as follows. Newest bearing from Mercruiser is not serviceable. (You cannot grease them) They also changed the bearing so that they all will fit the Bravo X drive.

I want to know which one came in the kit, if you see the above responses they also came up with 2 different bearings. Per mercruisers website I should have put in a 30-879194a01. Mercruisers website does not tell you which bearing comes in the kit and I threw out the box it came in after I installed it. Some other sites online say the kit comes with the 30-879194a02 which is not the bearing for my outdrive according to Merc site. If it helps my outdrive # is om461919. The issue I am having is the motor is now aligned and it still is making the clicking noise as per my other post, and I think I have the wrong bearing in my boat if the 30-879194a02 came in the kit I installed. If the a02 bearing is a little thicker in the inner sleeve width that would explain my noise as the u joints and shaft are being pushed back towards the outdrive too much. I did not have this noise before I installed the new bearing.Thank you all for your help.

OEM Factory MERCRUISER Gimbal Bearing

Fits Applications:

Mercury MerCruiser Alpha one (Gen II) 1998 and up
Mercury MerCruiser Bravo one, two and three

Old number is 862540a03

Part number: 30-879194A01

Can you tell me which one of those bearings come in the 30-803099t-1 kit? Is it the 30-879194a02 or the 30-87919ao1. Thank you

Last edited:
"""""If the a02 bearing is a little thicker in the inner sleeve width that would explain my noise as the u joints and shaft are being pushed back towards the outdrive too much.""""

I would think if this were the case you could not have properly installed the out drive to the gimbal housing..............

Besides, The gimbal bearing ID (inside diameter) is the same, The width would not affect what you suspect. The ID supports the shaft where the two O-rings are. The O-rings keep the shaft from "bouncing" within the bearing ID. If those o-rings are missing then that may be your source of the noise

OR Your clicking may be another issue....

By thicker I mean front to back if looking at the top of the bearing, would that cause the u joints to click if under too much backwards force all the time?

I understand what you meant.

You would not have been able to tighten the drive to the gimbal housing if that were the case there would have been a gap and you would have had to force the nuts to tighten.

There is about 1/2 inch of free space between the bearing outer edge and the U-joint assembly.

What else should I be looking for? I did not have this noise before the new installation. I just noticed your in northborough I'm in Billerica, small world.

Well i am not sure as i cant see it from here...

Maybe send me a personal message with ur number and i will call tonight.

Click on my name kghost and i think that will give u that option.

So you understand. You cannot install the "wrong bearing" on your alpha drive. All the bearings will fit your drive, ALL OF THEM. It is the bravo X drive that requires a different bearing. The bravo X drive bearing will work fine with your alpha drive. If you have clicking noises when you turn the boat there is a chance that the cross bearings are bad (Ujoints) or that you drove the new gimble bearing into the transom assembly by the inner bearing race damaging the new bearing.

Back