Logo

Mercruiser Motor Identification Help

dpnoyes

I have acquired a mercruiser motor and know nothing about boating. I am looking to sell this motor without solid information I don't know how to list it. This is what I think I have found. It says Mercruiser on the motor. I can't read the first 2 digits of the serial # but the last 6 digits match a serial # of 0B332638. This information shows online as 175 HP V6 and model # 1175412BD. It says it is a 1988. I am assuming this is an inboard motor. If it makes a difference on the block it says M0830EJJ.

Can anyone help confirm what this motor might be, the year, etc? It is rebuilt but I don't know specifics on what was rebuilt. If anyone has any idea of what I could sell this for it would also be helpful. The locations would be Finger Lakes Western NY region.

Thank you.

Thank you. I had looked there but wanted to make sure I was correct. The motor is an hour south of Rochester, NY. Don't know the condition of the motor only that it was rebuilt a few years ago. It looks like it was rebuilt and then put
in storage unit as "handle" is still attached. Pictures below.

Mercruiser Pic 1.jpgMercruiser Pic 2.jpg

Mercruiser Pic 3.jpgMercruiser Pic 4.jpg

Thank you. I had looked there but wanted to make sure I was correct. The motor is an hour south of Rochester, NY. Don't know the condition of the motor only that it was rebuilt a few years ago. It looks like it was rebuilt and then put
in storage unit as "handle" is still attached. Pictures below.

View attachment 7063View attachment 7064

View attachment 7061View attachment 7062

Ayuh,.... I donno where yer gettin' yer numbers at,....

yer askin' 'bout a V6 motor, 'n showin' pictures of an I4 motor,....

Night, 'n Day different,...

Bondo... can you give me any other information? Does the I4 motor mean I might have the serial # wrong on the first few numbers? I got the information using the serial # stated earlier and looking on the thie website. I am just lookimg to get rid of this and can't if I don't have the correct information to give people.

As you can tell my engine knowledge is not much. Is there a way to tell HP other than through the serial #. When I type in this website what I think the serial # is the information comes up 175hp v6. Since the v6 is not correct I am not sure if the 175 is correct.

Back