Logo

Mercruiser 43 carb

ceeclipz

Does anyone know if its very d

Does anyone know if its very difficult to take out the carb out of a mercruiser 4.3 out in one piece to get it rebuilt. I dont want to take it out and then get into more trouble. thanks for you help

"I would think it would be pre

"I would think it would be pretty straight forward. Unhook everything that is attached to the carb. Fuel line, linkage and wires. Use a flare wrench on the fuel line to prevent rounding the nut and have a rag to catch the fuel that will leak out. Also, make sure nothing falls down the throat or into manifold after carb is removed. Chris"

DISCONNECT ALL BATTERIES FIRST

DISCONNECT ALL BATTERIES FIRST. Use two wrenches for the fuel line; one tubing wrench for the flare nut as stated and one for the carb filter. Place the wrenches on the parts so all you have to do is squeeze the wrenches together to loosen the flare nut. (set flare wrench to pull right to left and the filter wrench the opposite) Seal the carb opening with duct tape and go one step further; use a plastic food container lid and lay it over the carb base to mark the bolt hole pattern. Cut or drill holes in the lid and set it over the opening and hold in place with the mounting nuts. Duct tape fuel line and fuel pump overflow hose shut.

"Are you going to rebuild it?

"Are you going to rebuild it? If you do, get a new float and complete Mercruiser kit. Use the metal tag on the carb (red or green) to get the right kit. Use the manual for the carb specs. I use a digital camera as I dismantle one and then view it on a large screen TV. It's pretty easy."

Back