Logo

mercruiser 3.0 swap to merc 140 Fuel pump mount issue

schract

Hey guys, I had a friend forget to winterize last year resulting in a block crack. He found a good merc 140 (I think 1982ish year model) and I have swapped most of it over but the fuel pump changed styles and the merc oe one hits the electronic distributor. Should say the filter on top of the pump hits the distributor. Is there an alternate pump to mount on the old style engine or should I just install an electric one and not worry about it? The boat this 140 is going in is a 2001 party barge. I understand the engines changed up around the early 90s and didn't know if there was going to be any more issues come up. Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, I had a friend forget to winterize last year resulting in a block crack. He found a good merc 140 (I think 1982ish year model) and I have swapped most of it over but the fuel pump changed styles and the merc oe one hits the electronic distributor. Should say the filter on top of the pump hits the distributor. Is there an alternate pump to mount on the old style engine or should I just install an electric one and not worry about it? The boat this 140 is going in is a 2001 party barge. I understand the engines changed up around the early 90s and didn't know if there was going to be any more issues come up. Thanks for the help!

Ayuh,.... Post a picture of it,.... Ya might get by, by re-indexin' the distributor,...

Or,... Look through the parts listin's,... Those fuel pumps have turned upside-down, 'n vice versa over the years,...

Back